Saturday, March 12, 2005

Missed the last train!

One of my coworkers, Kara, is leaving Japan to go and do her PhD in Australia, so she had her sayonnara party tonight. We all met up at a restaurant in Shibuya called the Asian Kitchen. After getting our fill of food and drinks we wandered over to karaoke. I haven't been to karaoke in ages. I think the last time I went was back in October.

Anyway, I swear the last time I was in Shibuya, I got the train at 1:20 am. So tonight I wandered over to the station and arrived around 1:15... only the gates were all closed! I had missed my last train! Crap, crap, crap. So I had to get a taxi home. Geesh. 2800 yen later. Better than staying out on the street all night though or having to pay for a karaoke room. Mental note to self - verify when the train leaves instead of trusting your obviously faulty memory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah ha!! That's a sign of getting old....when you can not trust your memory! Dad & I are always doing this.