Friday, March 04, 2005

Not the S Word!

My student phoned my at a ridiculously early time this morning to tell me that it was snowing outside... and thus she might be late for class. Take note that she called me like 3 hours before her class started. I was still sleeping! Since she had woken me up, I peeped out the window and was greeted by this:


Yes, this is a lot of snow for Tokyo. This actually delayed train lines by hours. Oh, and everyone suddenly became retarded in this city. I swear, this is not a big deal. You can still see the pavement for crying out loud. But for some unknown reason, every one forgot how to walk. I was bumped into numerous times this morning, to the point where I was ready to haul off and punch the next person that did it. I mean, I am a large person, it is pretty hard not to see me. Where exactly is your head that you need to barrel right into me? Please pay attention. Geesh. Between that and nearly being decapitated or having my eye poked out with umbrellas by people with no clue about spacial relationships, I was not a happy camper this morning. Oh yeah, and there was all that s-word stuff on the ground too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow....you must of felt it was just like being home in Windsor! You should embrace snow! Us in Windsor are going for a record snowfall this year...sorry don't feel sorry for you! LOL I hope your mood gets better, I can just hear you....and I thought the Japan was suppose to be a very polite society! I guess this does not apply to "on the street" MOM