Friday, July 23, 2004

Switching ain't easy

I'm in the long process of transferring all my files from my PC to the new Mac. What a nightmare. Tonight I went to the bookstore to look at buying a OSX book (since my manual is in Japanese and there is no OSX manual that came with my iBook). I ended up finding another book that told me how to transfer my stuff using Netscape. Hallelujah! I got all my mailboxes and address transferred over with minimal fuss, thanks to my memory stick.

This morning I picked up a media card reader. We're kinda short on plugs - think that has anything to do with 2 PCs, a notebook and an iBook all being connected on the desk? Can you see the power surge at my address? The media card reader just connects via USB with no electricity needed so the camera dock can be moved and only plugged in when it needs recharging. I was extremely tempted to buy the USB fan - basically it is a fan that just plugs into your USB port (no power needed) - perfect for keeping cool. However, rationality prevailed. I don't really need a fan if I'm sitting in a/c, now, do I?

I carted the computer all over the place looking for WiFi spots. I finally found one near Tokyo station and was all excited until it said I needed a password to use it. Argh! Nothing in Osaki - which surprises me cuz there are several IT companies in the building. Maybe that's why there isn't any WiFi access LOL Oh, well, I'm thinking I might have to take a trip to Ebisu just to use my wireless internet!

No comments: