Sunday, July 04, 2004

Date night

Hiroshi wanted Thai food tonight (I know we just came back from Thailand, but we didn't get enough Thai food when we were there) and I wanted to try out a restaurant that I saw in Ebisu a couple months ago that served South East Asian food, so we went there. It was so-so. The food was only ok and way overpriced. They also messed up our order twice. It was still a nice night out together. Of course any Thai food outside of Thailand is unlikely to be as good.

On the way to the restaurant we hit the international food store. I got some Thai ingredients so I can make Thai food. Yum :) I might be able to make up some Tom Yam Koong (spicy shrimp soup) this week.

I went to the gym again today and did the "noodle dance" class. It's using the foam stick (called a noodle) in the swimming pool to do resistance training. While I was doing it I was really disappointed because it was so easy. I was bored actually. Well, about an hour after getting home everything suddenly started to seize up on me! Deceptive evil class! I had to conk out for a bit and take a nap before dinner I was so pooped from the work out. This is good of course.

Right now I'm in the process of cooking up some tandoori chicken breasts. Hiroshi's mad because I'm making the apartment smell. I told him tough. (He can't whine about my weight and then whine about my cooking when I try to eat healthily). I won't get a chance to make up my protein pancakes, but hopefully tomorrow night. If not, I will have some time on Wednesday. The chicken will hold me over in the meantime though and I've got a fridge full of veggies and other yummy stuff.

No comments: