Sunday, October 30, 2005

epicurean disasters and delights

Hiroshi and I went to the Nathan's hotdog place at Shinagawa Station today because Cal's entry on his hotdog experience peaked our interest. Unfortunately, we are both of the opinion that Nathan's hotdogs suck. (Sorry Cal) The hotdogs at CostCo are much, much better, and I think that is saying a lot. Oh well.

After the disappointing hotdogs we needed something that tasted good, so we headed over to Dean and Deluca for a treat. We got hot cocoa and a pastry and they were wonderful! A few years ago I got a white hot chocolate at Dean and Deluca, but that must be seasonal or something because they no longer have it. The regular cocoa was still nice though. I had a donut as well, and it was the first time in 7 years that I have had a North American style donut. It was awesome. I loved every bite of it. Too bad I can't afford anything else at Dean and Deluca's LOL... I kid you not, the pasta sauce was 2000 yen a jar! For like 4 cups! I think not. Are there gold flakes in there? Geesh. They do have a ton of spices though and some interesting deli items if I ever throw a dinner party (unlikely considering the size of my apartment). I think Dean and Deluca is a coffee only shop because that is all I'm willing to fork out for LOL

No comments: