Sunday, May 01, 2005

Relaxation - Day 1

I woke up early this morning to see the sunrise, but it had already risen! So much for sunrise times. So I went back to bed to sleep some more, seeing as I didn’t sleep so well last night (bug fear), but got up shortly thereafter. Wow, up around 8 even though I’m on vacation!

After a wonderful breakfast of bacon, a small omelet and tons of fruit, I asked the front desk if I could change rooms. This morning I found another problem – through no fault of the hotel. I was in one of the newly remodeled rooms, and as part of the renovations, they outfitted all the showers with rain shower heads. I can’t get water in my eyes, and with a rain shower that is darn near impossible. So I needed to change rooms if I wanted to bathe sometime this week.

Anyway, they did find another room for me and I actually ended up in an upgraded room! Cool! More balcony space! Unfortunately, I lost my good view, but I now have a couch that I can laze around and read on. That will be nice. The shower is a normal type one with a removable handheld nozzle, so I won’t smell at least.

After getting myself resettled, I hit the restaurant for lunch with my book. I had a nice leisurely lunch watching the ocean and reading a little bit. After that, it was off to the spa to book waxing and a massage for tomorrow. Then back to my room where I watched Two Towers on HBO. Whehoo! English movies. That’s pretty much all I did for the whole day. Since I had a late lunch, I skipped dinner and just relaxed in my room.

As for my eyes, I think they are evening out. The right eye is still a bit hazy, but it seems better. The left eye has a slight halo around lights, but I had that before. So no worries there. All in all, the eyes are still great!

No comments: