Thursday, May 12, 2005

Eye chart conversion

No one uses the Snellen chart (20/20) in Japan for vision measurement. So, no one knows what I am talking about when I say I have 20/20 vision now. Well, I searched for a conversion chart and found one online. So basically, I went from 20/100 in my right eye and 20/63 in my left eye to 20/20. In Japanese terms, that is .2 right, .3 right and 1.0 final.

Interestingly enough, based on an eye chart that Hiroshi has on the fridge for doing eye exercises and soem online eye tests, I can see the 1.2 level which is 20/16. My left eye is still stronger and sharper than my right. Maybe because it is 20/16 and the right is 20/20 I am noticing the difference more. Who knows.

Anyway, at least I can speak in Japanese terms now when people ask how much my eyes have improved... and I won't get blank looks!

No comments: