Tuesday, May 17, 2005

One month until I go home!

After several hassles with Northwest aka Northworst, I finally have my tickets booked home for next month. Yippee! I haven't been home in three years, so I'm looking forward to it.

I must say that Northwest has absolutely horrible customer service - I either get very rude or very incompetent people. One guy cut me off in mid-sentence and transferred me to the wrong department (a completely telephone automated one - read cannot get a real person) and some woman tried to tell me I could not use my airmiles to upgrade a US domestic flight. Ummm, yes, I can. The website tells me so. Then she said no flights were available for upgrading. Ummm, yes there are, I just checked. Unfortunately the Japanese website does not let you do upgrades online like the US one does (you can only use the US one if you have a US-addressed credit card).

Anyway, very, very sad service. I have booked airmile rewards on Air Canada and I have never, ever had a problem. They are courteous, helpful and pleasant. Guess that tells me who I should deal with in the future.

No comments: