Thursday, November 25, 2004

Shopping, shopping, shopping

Hmm... I think the shopping for my trip to China may end up being more than the trip to China itself LOL. I picked up a waist pack today - one that can carry my guidebook, etc. Also got a money belt for those overnight train rides. Don't want to be robbed in my sleep - and who knows who will be in the car with me (don't worry mom). I didn't want one of the neck ones, because people can see it and if they try to take it from you, can strangle you, give you whiplash etc.

Then I did my order at Land's End - hey! Shipping is free to Japan now! That is fantastic... well, bad because I'll want to shop more now. I picked up some more of the awesome bras, and a windproof / waterproof coat. In bright pink. Hey, everyone will see me now. I could have gotten yellow. Actually the ones that were super-discounted were either pink or white. I figure the pink was better.

And finally I ordered another guidebook online. The Let's Go guide that I have is the most up-to-date (it was just published this month) but it doesn't have information that the Rough Guide has. So got that one from Amazon too. I do not want to be standing confused at a train station trying to get somewhere with no clue and no one who speaks English to help me. So I picked up a Mandarin phrase book. Try to make situations as unstressful as possible!

No comments: