Saturday, November 27, 2004

Japanese lesson #2

Today we reviewed demonstrative pronouns and spacial relationship words. I know these, but continually say the wrong one, so this is good. I didn't do my homework this week (bad student!) so I'll have double for my next lesson. Need to practice my phonetic sounds (not characters). I write sooooo slowly. Hopefully it will speed up soon. I am seeing that studying by yourself (where I have learned most of my grammar) is completely different from doing it in a classroom. I understand, but can't produce. So while the classes are still simple, I think they're good for me. I'm also getting a lot of questions answered about different levels of politeness. This is very good, because I will sound like a woman speaking (rather than using men's Japanese as I sometimes do now) and will be able to address people properly. So all is well on the Japanese front... I just need to get my butt in gear about homework. Not having studied anything seriously in six years, it is hard to get back into the groove!

No comments: