Monday, November 08, 2004

Movie Review - Collateral

Went to the show last night to see Collateral. I had heard good things about it, and well, Tom Cruise is in it. I must say the gray hair doesn't work for him. I mean, I can see changing into a "mature" actor, but not when you are only in your mid-40s (I think that's how old he is). Anyway, the Tom is always a big draw in Japan. The nearly empty theatre should have been a big hint though. This movie sucked. If I hadn't slept in, I would've fallen asleep.
Basically the movie is a dialogue between Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx. Now, there is nothing wrong with a movie based on dialogue - Twelve Angry Men comes to mind as a masterpiece of this genre (including the television remake). Collateral didn't cut it. The characters didn't grab me. Jamie Foxx was almost there, but I didn't get feeling and passion from him. Tom Cruise was a non-entity (sorry Tom, this role did not work for you).
Anyway, don't even rent this one on video.

No comments: