Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Random Things in my Neighbourhood

Lots of little tidbits today about things that are new and "exciting".
- First, the leaves turned red all of a sudden and there are some nicely coloured trees near Osaki station right now.
- The weather can't decide if it want to be warm or cold and oscillates between 13 and 19 degrees... that being the difference between a sweater and a coat or just a blouse.
- There is a brand new theater just down the street - called "Cats Theater" because, well... Cats is going to play there. Does this mean I'll be hearing Magical Mister Mistoffelees every night for the rest of my life? Lord, I sure hope not.
- Hiroshi says I am not allowed to play Sim City anymore because I get frustrated and turn bitchy and mean. Who me?
- Our apartment building will be torn down eventually, and the plans for the new building recently went up on the bulletin board. Should we be looking for a new apartment? Cross your fingers that it will be at least another year - I do not want to fork over 10 grand US to relocate again. (Yes, that is how much it costs).
- I've decided to go to Hong Kong and China (to visit my aunt) this Christmas. There's no jet lag, it is somewhere I've always wanted to go, I will be able to visit Jan, and I can have a real vacation... where there is sunshine and warm weather.
- I'm going to start taking Japanese lessons. Yeah, I know, it is about time. I've only lived her for 5 1/2 years now. Geesh. Hopefully I'll be able to carry on a conversation eventually!

No comments: