Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Beauty Day

Today I went for beauty day with my coworker Shirin. We first went for waxing, aka torture. Not having had it done in like three years, it was painful. I'm happy now. I think waxing could be an addictive thing... I could go for waxing my legs, etc; however, wax will never be touching my bikini line. That is pain I just don't want to experience. My eye brows are bad enough. I love that smooth feeling though. I'm happy to have a good esthetician in Tokyo now. Of course it costs a heck of a lot more here than in Canada - I'm trying not to remember that it only costs like 8 bucks (700 yen) in Canada to get it done.

After the waxing, we went to get our hair done. We had to wait forever despite having appointments - as in, an hour and a half. Neither of us were too impressed about that. I got a really good cut though, and I got highlights! I decided I wanted a total change, but I wanted to keep it a little long rather than chopping it all off though. So I thought shoulder length would be good. Well, I cried when I saw my hair on the floor. My hair was long! There were pieces over a foot long. I'm trying to not grab it very much because I can't even pull it back any more. I like the cut, but it is so short, and I really liked putting it up in clips and things :( That was like 18 months of growing it out! So I'm mourning my hair loss right now. I'll get over it though. It'll be easier to take care of and won't get knotted and tangled and stuck in my food and stuff any more. And it has shape and style now, and it makes cute little curls with minimal product. Gotta love that. Just wait until I freak myself out in the mirror tomorrow morning LOL I have blonde highlights in it - I've always gone with red tones, so this is a big change for me! I think it brightens up my face a lot.

All in all, it was a nice beauty day. I'll have to do it more often. I get lazy and well, cheap is probably the better reason. Forking out 6000 yen (US$60) to just cut your hair is insane in my opinion. (It was worth it though - especially since I got 50% off for being a new customer). Anyway, I figure it was a nice reward for myself because... I fit into a pair of pants that have been too tight for the last six months! That made me very happy this morning! Beauty days sound like an excellent weight loss reward to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

send us a pic of the new you!!!!
Love Mom