Wednesday, December 31, 2003

So it is the last day of the year which makes me think 'what did I accomplish this year'? And the sad revelation is not much. Well, I did finally pay off all my debt (and ended the year with US$700 in my RTW account) which I am very proud of. Wow, I actually have savings! Not much but it is definitely better than that old 'please pay x by this date'. This year marked a full year (Sept 2002) since Hiroshi and I quit smoking, and we don't ever plan to start again! On a negative note I managed to re-gain all the weight I had lost in 2002. That is obviously not a proud accomplishment. I think Hiroshi gained 2 kg this year... which he can well afford to gain anyway. This year I had a few health scares, but luckily everything came back fine and, to think positively, I now have several base-line medical tests for future reference (e.g. mammogram). I look to 2004 to improve my overall health (see resolutions on the 1st).

We finally went on our honeymoon this year - oh to be back in Thailand! We're looking forward to going back in the spring... Hiroshi won the free business class ticket, so we just have to choose a hotel and decide who gets to actually sit in business class. LOL I didn't make it back to Canada this year, but hope to in the summer with Hiroshi so he can see that it isn't freezing all year round.

I *finally* had visitors after 4 years in Japan. Dad came over at the beginning of May and Mom (Rose) and aunt Donnie came over at the end of October. It was really nice to finally share my life here... but it took you guys long enough to come over! ;D While I had two visits from family, two good friends left. Both Jo and Shar moved on to other things - Jo back to Canada and Shar to Germany with boyfriend Neil. Miss you guys!

Work-wise I was quite hectic this year. I think my job function will be changing in the new year which will be nice. Despite being crazy, I was quite happy to make money this year - 2002 was pretty lean. And despite all my complaints and whining I like working crazy hours - so hopefully I'll stay busy this year too. :)

Overall 2003 was a great year! Love and best wishes to everyone for 2004!

No comments: