Wednesday, December 03, 2003

I finished the Spain book and have decided that Granada is a good base - it seems to be central to lots of cool things. When the time comes, we'll try to rent an apartment for a month and then we can do day trips and stuff. We'll also stay in Barcelona for a month too - doing the apartment thing there too if possible.
So now I've moved on to the Eastern Africa book. Who knew, but Eastern Africa is expensive!!! In addition to the $25 - $50 per person per DAY fee to enter the national parks, BUDGET accomodation starts around $175 a night. BUDGET????!! Of course there is always tenting it, but I'm not to sure I want to camp out with the lions if you know what I mean... and Hiroshi has refused this option. So looks like we'll just cough up the dough and do it - I mean, we're never going to get the chance to go again, so might as well. Geesh. Now I understand why safari companies were quoting a couple thousand dollars for a week's trek.

No comments: