Thursday, December 04, 2003

So finished the book on East Africa. Have decided to just go to Tanzania. Kenya is marginally cheaper but then we have to go through Nairobbery (Nairobi) and might get blown up in a Terrorist attack. So Tanzania it is. And it has the Serengeti.

I'm still at a total loss as to how on earth the accomodation can be so expensive. I mean the average annual incom is under $400US a year. What gives???!! That 175 bucks is for a luxury tent - it isn't even a real hotel. Talk about totally gouging people. I have no problems paying fair price, but that is ridiculous even by Japanese standards - and Japan is one of the most expensive places in the world.

Picked up some lovely travel brochures tonight on Spain and Maldives. I like looking at the pictures! I'm going to make a collage out of them after I finish research all the places we want to go - kinda a preview of the trip :)

Tomorrow's travel planning tasks: check out all those over-the-water beach huts in Maldives (are they horribly expensive??) and start reading the Central Asia book. I wanna get all the goods on Uzbekistan!

No comments: