Saturday, July 09, 2005

oysters

Went out to dinner tonight with Hiroshi and Cal. We went to Grand Central Oyster Bar. We all shared an assortment of oysters on the half shell. I find it so amazing that they all taste completely different. This time I liked the American one best. Last time the American ones tasted dirty, but the one we tried tonight was very clean and fresh tasting.

Of course, this totally ignores the adage to only eat oysters in a month that has an 'R' in it. Who knows if we actually had a higher chance of getting sick from them or not. I figure if the horseradish or chili vinegar probably do a lot to kill bacteria. Of course, I could just be convincing myself of that fact!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the record, the American oysters Liz is talking about are Washington State Blue Points. Mmmm, good.

What I didn't understand, though, was why all the American oysters on offer were strictly from Washington State: it's not as if it's the only place producing them.

Damn, trying out oysters has whetted my appetite for them. The next time I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area I'm stopping by the Hog Island Oyster Company down at the Ferry Building.