Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Harry Potter

I ordered the new Harry Potter book from Amazon and received it on Monday morning (they had tried to deliver it Saturday and Sunday but we weren't home). So, I've already finished reading it. Like the others, it is really good. However, I think I enjoyed the last book more. This one had too much of the stupid teenage fawning. Of course, she has captured this perfectly, but that doesn't mean I want to read about it.

So now that I have read it, I guess I have to wait another year for the next one. I'm willing to wait of course - don't want a crappy rushed job on the next installment - but I want the next one now too LOL.

If you haven't read them already, go and get them. Yes, they are children's books, but they are also really appealing to adults. It doesn't seem like you are reading a children's book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another year??? It's been two years since the last one so you can expect minimum two years before the next one comes out. Probably a bit more as it is supposed to be the last one and it's going to have to tie everything up.

As for this new one I loved and also can't wait til the mext one.

Sigh.....

Liz said...

was it really 2 years? *sigh* Ok, I'll be waiting forever for the next one. I thought she was going to do a few more. I suppose it would be pretty hard do continue a "children's" book when the main characters are now adults. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to start reading from the beginning again... after I finish all the other books I have laying around!