Tuesday, July 05, 2005

going back home!

I was up bright and early today. I checked out of the hotel using the tv and then got the shuttle back to the airport. I checked in without problems and this time I remembered to take out my computer and video camera from my carry on for the luggage check. I still had to carry my own bags to be scanned after check-in. That system is really dumb. Scan the bags *before* people check in.

After I cleared the security line, I went to the business lounge. It wasn't that thrilling, but they had coffee, juice and magazines. They didn't have internet unfortunately. I had wanted to surf the net for a bit.

At one point I went out to duty free and asked the desk girl to watch my carryon bag. I looked and looked and they didn't have the cleanser! Shoot! I should have bought it back in Windsor. Oh well. When I got back to the lounge, the woman was waiting for me - they had made the boarding call for my plane, so that meant she could close the lounge.

After boarding the plane, I realized that I had lucked out. Only 5 of like 70 seats in business class were open, and one of them was next to me. Granted the seats are molded so you can't stretch out across two seats, but it meant that I could move over to the window seat to lean against the plane when sleeping, and have easy access to the aisle when I had to go to the washroom. I also had a place to put my bag and stretch out, so it was good.

No comments: