Wednesday, July 06, 2005

back in Japan

The plane touched down in Tokyo on time. I slept a bit on the plane, but woke up for the last four hours. The flight back to Tokyo is two hours longer, so that might be why (on the way there, I woke up two hours before landing). I just read some of my magazines to while away the time.

The plane landed at 1:15 and we were at the gate around 1:20. I cleared customs and had my luggage by 1:45! Such a difference from going thru the US. Makes you wonder. I think I believe the people who say that all the security measures in the US aren't doing anything except creating longer wait times and making travellers frustrated.

I went and bought my bus ticket, but had to wait until 2:30 for the bus to leave. I took the bus because I wouldn't have to struggle with my luggage. I just cart it up to the curb in a cart, they put it on the bus, and I get dropped off in front of a hotel near my house which I just take a taxi too. As it turned out, the bus ended up being faster than the train! I also saw the Narita Express train stopped on the tracks when we were landing, so if the line was down it may have been a lot longer.

When I got home I unpacked everything. I don't know where to put it all! I think I need to reorganize things. I was so tired though, I conked out in the middle of the floor in the bedroom. Hiroshi finally came home around 9 - it took a bit for me to wake up because I was so groggy, but it is good to be home again.

No comments: