Saturday, July 02, 2005

back to Windsor

Mel's sister Ethel arrived today from Rochester, NY so she joined mom and Mel driving me down to London. We got to the train station in good time and I went to check my baggage... only to find that it was overweight! Apparently Via has a 50 lb limit. I had to open up my suitcases in the middle of the lobby and shift some things around!

I went first class on the train because it included a meal and has nicer seats. Well, it used to. The meal was like the epitome of airline food (aweful) and the seats were the same as in regular class! Should have gone coach I think.

The trip home was rather bumpy. The tracks have become really uneven. I don't remember them being that bad. I had a glass of water and it was sloshing all over the place - even when it was half full! Two inches of clearance between the lip and the waterline and it was going all over the place.

Despite being jostled all over the place it was still a nice trip because I got to stare out the window at all the farms and read one of the magazines that I had bought.

No comments: