Monday, December 20, 2004

Starting to Get Excited

Well, it is finally starting to dawn on me that Christmas is just around the corner, and that I am leaving for China on Thursday!! Wow! I made x-mas calls to my parents last night, and had nice long conversations with them. I even got to talk to my dad, whom I haven't talked to in ages. I finally caught him at home!

Today I had three of my favourite students and we did the seasonal greetings and well-wishing bit. That and the fact that it actually dipped below 10C on Sunday is starting to make it seem more winter-like at least. I'm still not into xmas though. This year I won't even put my tree up. Oh well.

So, guess I should pre-pack my bag to make sure everything fits inside. I'm going to try to just take a backpack. Those of you who have seen me travel will know just how much of a feat this is going to be. I mean, my electronics practically need a pack by themselves. I decided to just bring my winter coat though since I'll be spending most of the time in colder climes. I had thought of doing the layer thing, but then realized just how much clothing that would mean. So forget it.

Looks like there are no luxury cruises running down the Yangtze / Three Gorges (according to the internet) by the time I get to China, so will have to take a ferry. I had wanted to live it up for a few days, but the ferry will be an experience as well - that is how the Chinese travel, so it will be more cultural. I was secretly hoping for a cruise ship with private balcony and interent though - I could've e-mailed you all as I was sailing through the night. Ok, I'm a geek. I'm still going to try and find one though even though the internet suggests they stopped running around the 9th of Dec.

No comments: