Friday, December 03, 2004

My First Japanese Movie and Outback Redeemed Itself

Today I finished work mid-afternoon, so Hiroshi came and met me and we walked around and did some window shopping. Ah, the electronics store. That iPod keeps calling my name. Willpower, willpower!

My student had given me free passes to the new Miyazaki film Howls Moving Castle (he works for Buena Vista). So we decided to go and see it. This of course was a new experience for me, because I have yet to go to a movie all in Japanese. Despite a limited understanding of the plot, it was an enjoyable film.

After the movie we headed off to Outback Steakhouse. We haven't been there in a really long time. Tonight the service was really good. The waiter was super genki (happy and energetic) and friendly, and when we asked him to wrap up the leftovers, he gave us another baked potato for free. Heh, knows how to make me happy. I'm always raving about their potatoes. So all in all, a nice evening out.

No comments: