Thursday, December 02, 2004

I Love the Chinese Embassy

My morning class cancelled so I was able to go and pick up my passport from the Chinese embassy. I had another lovely, pleasant experience. I'm telling you, Tokyo Immigration, really, really needs to go down there to get a clue about how to treat people.

I walked in to the embassy and went to the counter indicated on my passport receipt. They gave me a plastic, blue tag and a piece of paper telling me to go and pay for the visa at a vending machines. Not only did it tell me how much, but it was in English so it was easy to understand. Then I went to the vending machine (also in several languages) and got a little ticket receipt. This took all of about 30 seconds. I then went to the next window with my receipt and blue tag, and... my passport was already there waiting for me! The whole process took about two minutes! I'm still amazed. The Chinese Embassy in Tokyo is awesome.

No comments: