Thursday, December 16, 2004

Crap Amazon Service

I'm not thrilled with Amazon right now. I ordered a guidebook and a phrase book 3 weeks ago and they were supposed to be shipped to me sometime between the 7th and the 12th. Well, they aren't here. And contrary to what their web page says, they did not send me a notice indicating that my books would be delayed. That bites. Now I have to run around trying to find them in Tokyo. It would have been nice to have known this a week ago so I could have actually planned out my trip somewhat.

Hiroshi and I went out to Shibuya tonight to try and find them. Of course now I'm even more bummed - on Amazon the book cost 2500 yen... in the book stores in Japan, 4000 yen. What a total rip off. (I ordered from the Amazon Japan site so it isn't a country pricing difference). The phrase book I wanted was also not in stock at any of the book stores I went to, so I got a kind of crap replacement. I figured it is better than nothing. I could have got it when I got into HK, but I don't know how much time I'll have to look around, and if there weren't any in HK, then I'd be in a mess.

So needless to say, Amazon is on the bad service list right now. So surprising too, because usually they are awesome. Also surprising, because they haven't responded to my e-mail asking them what is happening either.

No comments: