Friday, June 04, 2004

Yippee! Thailand here I come!

In three weeks, I'm going to be here! Relaxing, hopefully in the sunshine on my balcony overlooking the ocean.

Now I'm just obsessing over whether 20 extra bucks a night is worth a balcony that is twice as big. Well, as big as my apartment actually! Ha! The difference I think is that the big balcony has an overhang so you can sit outside in the shade ... or maybe more importantly, out of the rain.

So I ended up getting a airmiles reward ticket. I transferred my few miles to Hiroshi's account (cuz he has the most miles), and then I scammed some from my mom (thanks mom!) and then we ended up having to buy some more. Well, we didn't have to, but for about US$230 we got a business class ticket! How's that for scheming? It was going to cost $350 just for the upgrade one way! On top of the price of the economy class ticket. So we're laughing. Two business class fights to Thailand, currently listed at 3300 buckeroos each on the Thai website, or 2700 at the discount shops ! We just got like 6400 bucks worth free. This makes me happy! And to think we got two free miles tickets back in August as well! I'm starting to like this idea of free travel. And business class... I want to go early just to sit in the lounge and drink free coffee. Ok, I'm a loser. But, it is so relaxing compared to cattle class!

No comments: