Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Good as new

Wow, the washing machine works great now that it has been fixed! you just throw the laundry in, set the wash cycle, set the dryer for an hour and a half, and when you come back later it is done! It used to be still wet, and took forever to dry. Reminder to self - next time something breaks, get it fixed right away.

Tonight I made Thai curry. I only used half of the curry paste packet tonight and it was much better. Last time it was way too spicy. Burn your face off, can't breathe spicy. This time round it was just right for me. I think we could probably go with 3/4 of a pack even. I added in a ton of veggies (eggplant, bean sprouts, mushrooms) and a whole bunch of shrimp. I even de-veined the darn things. Do you have any idea how long it takes to de-vein those wee tiny cooking shrimp? It seemed like forever! But who wants to eat the poo vein. Ewww.

Anyway, it was delicious and I can't wait to take a Thai cooking course in Phuket so I can cook even more yummy food. Something other than curry and spring rolls. Or at least learn how to make the curry from scratch. I was going to make it last night, but couldn't find curry paste at any of the three grocery stores near my house. So I had to make a trip to the internation grocery store on my way home tonight. Where I saw lassi mix... mmmm lassi. Lassi's are good. I want to know how to make them from scratch though. And will need to get some good Indian curry to go with it.

No comments: