Thursday, June 03, 2004

Stressing over tea

Yesterday when the laundry machine man came I was all stressed out over tea. In Japan, after a workman finishes the job, you over him something to drink. So first I thought water, but figured that was kinda cheap. So what about tea? Green or black? What if I make bad tea? Ok maybe water. But what if the ice cubes are stale (they'd been in the fridge for about 4 months) and make the water taste bad? Ok green tea. That's Japanese. Should it be hot or cold? Mmm, cold because it is hot out today. But what about those ice cubes? Ok, well maybe I'll just make a test glass. Hmm... it's kind of a funny colour. It doesn't look green. It looks kinda yellowish brown. I can't serve yellowish brown green tea can I? Wait, is this glass clean? Or should I use the tea cups? Or are they only for hot green tea? But they are kinda small, so maybe the glass.

I swear to God that is what was going thru my head. Can we say obsessing??! I mean, really, it was a cup of tea. (But he didn't drink all of the tea and after the first sip he waited a long time to take another so maybe my tea was really bad...) Ok, this is just sad. Do Japanese house wives go thru this agony?

No comments: