Friday, June 18, 2004

Karaoke Marathon

Today at work, one of the office staff had brought in cookies. I asked her if she had gone on vacation (I thought they were Japanese style 'souvenirs'), to which she replied no, she was leaving the company! Colour me suprised! So luckily, I finished class early tonight and was able to go to her sayonara (goodbye) party. I arrived a bit late, but that is fun in a way because you get to see your co-workers half-baked.

After the dinner I convinced everyone that they had to go to karaoke whether they could sing or not. Gotta love peer pressure. Some people didn't take much convincing though. So we were off to karaoke for songs and more beer. I haven't been to karoke for a really long time - more than a year I think! Which really is sad, because I love singing. After one hour we still wanted to sing more but the place was too busy for us to extend, so we all went home.

I still wanted to sing though, so I called up my husband and we hit one of the karaoke places near the station. So we sang for two hours and it was fun. We haven't gone to karaoke in ages together. The great thing about going as a couple is that I get to be a mike hog. We pretty much split the time 50/50 and got to sing lots of songs. I should make a point of going more often, but maybe on a weeknight. It is so much more expensive on the weekend. Actually, during the week it is only a couple bucks an hour, including a drink, before 7:30 at night.

So finally after three hours of singing and countless hours of drinking I came home. Gotta suck back some water cuz I'm going to feel it tomorrow.

No comments: