Monday, June 07, 2004

Rainy Season has started

Apparently rainy season started today. I'm a bit confused about the whole rainy season thing in Japan. I mean, it always rains a lot here. So I'm not quite sure as to why June/July is classified as rainy season as opposed to September typhoon season. I think it might all just be a big scam so the Japanese can say they have more seasons. (Japanese people are very proud that they have four seasons and don't understand why you look at them like "so what?" when they tell you this.)

On a completely unrelated note, Cal showed me an international food store on Saturday and I bought a bunch of things like hummous, rye bread, and KD (macaroni and cheese). I don't know what possessed me to buy the KD. Ok, I was suckered in by the 40% cheesier advertising. This is just stupidity on my part because KD always gives me heart burn. So I made the stuff tonight, took two bites and threw it in the garbage. That stuff is just aweful! How can people feed that to their kids? I swear, it tasted a lot better when I was 6. The recipe must have changed. It is foul, evil stuff. Please let me remember this the next time I get tempted in the store.

The hummous and tzaziki were delicious though! We had that Saturday night with a nice bottle of Chilean red wine. Just needed some better olives, but had to make due with canned ones. Oh well. It was delicious. And they have chickpeas and all of the other ingredients I need to make my own hummous, tabouli and felafel, so once I dig out my recipes I'm set to make a Middle Eastern style feast!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz.....you practically grew up on Mac & Cheese!!! Everyone time we could not decide what to have for supper..you kids would say "hot dogs and kraft dinner"! Well I guess your taste has changed with age, you have much more cosmopolitan tastes now! The last time I had mac & cheese was about 2 years ago...I bought a box and ate the whole thing! That sure was some craving! LOL Sorry I missed your call the other day. I received the charms/bells in the mail Friday. They are really nice! I gave Jen & Jan & Anderson on Saturday night their choice they said "thanks Liz" it was a buck & Doe for Saylor & Darren .had a dunk tank and you paid to dunk someone. I dared Janice to go in for $100. and SHE DID!!!!!!All funds went to Saylor & Darren for the wedding. A great time for had by all.......Love Mom

Liz said...

I know - KD rocked when I was a kid. How come it tastes so bad now? Maybe you just made it better than me :)
So did Jan get dunked?