Thursday, January 15, 2004

Went to the second hand book store today and picked up some more travel guides and some travel tales. One of the books I bought was Riding the Iron Rooster by Paul Theroux. I'm in the middle of reading a novel already, but I just read the first paragraph of this book and I was hooked. It's great. I'm really enjoying it and have put aside the other novel until I can finish this one. I've seen several recommendations on travel sites for Paul Theroux's books, but I didn't expect I'd enjoy it this much.
I also picked up The Alchemist by Paul Coelho which is also highly recommended. Hopefully that will be just as good! The two travel books: Morocco and Iran. Today I've been thinking about Jordan... might be another stop. The trip keeps getting longer....

No comments: