Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Argh. I hate Excel. Well, more specifically I hate Excel when I have a broken mouse. My left click button sticks (I have a touchpad mouse on my PC to clarify why I don't just replace the mouse) so when I click on a cell it double or quadruple clicks. Sometimes I don't even press the button and it double clicks on cells and then all hell breaks loose in my spreadsheet. This does not make me a happy camper. Especially when I'm dealing with multiple calculations that are all dependant on each other and my mouse just decides to go psycho and start moving formulae around. Maybe I should have it exorcised.

I'm trying to put together a budget for the RTW. There will be the budget budget and the mid-price range budget. With what I have so far, the trip is too darn expensive to do it all mid-range. However, the budget way seems to be right about where I thought it would be. I haven't included flights or visa fees yet though and it looks like we'll need to save more money than I though. Or shorten the trip. There's a novel idea. It is now somewhere at 20 months???!!! Ok, I think I got obsessed avoiding winter. But if you can live in Vietnam for a month on $1000, why not do it? Probably because the budget runs out eventually. Where are all my rich relatives (or winning lottery tickets) hiding???

Tonight I didn't make it to the gym. My evening classes cancelled, so I went out for coffee with my class of seniors that I teach Tuesday afternoons. Then waited for like 45 minutes for a bus that never came (there should've been two during this time frame). Luckily two of my students were waiting with me and one ended up driving me to the station. By the time I got home I felt a fever coming on so went to bed with a tylenol at 6:30 with every intention of getting up to go to the gym... I woke up at 11:45. So guess I was tired. Now I'm playing on the internet and having a tea before I go back to bed again.

No comments: