Friday, January 30, 2004

Hmmmm... fell asleep at 7 pm and didn't wake up until 9am (I'm backdating this entry). Guess I was tired! But I missed my mitt class darnit! I really like the one on Friday nights cuz the instructor is really fun and she always makes a point of demonstrating the moves for me ... cuz I can guarantee just listening to instructions won't result in accurate responses on my part.

Hiroshi has renamed me CTO. I am now the Chief Travel Officer LOL. He finally got Linux installed on his PC and is having fun playing with it. Now he wants another PC to act as a server so he can play more. How come boys toys are so expensive??!! Ok that's unfair coming from the jewellery present girl. But still!

I'm still reading thru the book on Morocco. So far I've learned that we are going to be accosted by touts everywhere we go. It sounds worse than India. At least by the time we'll get to India, we'll be seasoned in ignoring them! Learned that a good quality carpet costs 80 to 120 bucks per square meter. We won't be getting a carpet souvenir.

Speaking of souvenirs, where are we going to put them! Do you have any idea how small those backpacks are??!! Thankfully I don't wear makeup. The only thing that needs to travel with me are some barettes, an elastic and my tweezers (aka a girl's true best friend). I suppose a hairbrush and a toothbrush and toothpaste too. They don't take up too much room but there still isn't much space in those bags.

Guess my whole minimalist thing better kick into high gear. I'm looking thru my apartment thinking, that has to go, don't need those so they're garbage, etc. My most recent 'item' is movies. I have about 100 of them (these were culled last year already!) and I never watch them. I'm going to donate them to work. (Cal - if you want free movies I'll let you know when I'm bringing them in so you can have first pick). Let someone else watch them. I don't care if people walk off with them (that is what happened with the movies that used to be at work), just as long as they aren't taking up space in my apartment. Soon I'm going to go thru my clothes....

No comments: