Sunday, November 06, 2005

spices

We went to Dean and Deluca again today for coffee. By the time we got there it was late in the day though, and there were no good yummies left :( (Today is the one day a week I am allowed to eat anything I want (dieting again) so I was hoping for a donut or something).

I wandered around the store for a bit and found some spices - they were on sale (40% off) so the price was acceptable, rather than outrageous. I got some dill and a rub for pork. I'll try the rub on my pork tenderloin ... in my new oven :)

What I found really interesting is that they have a whole salt section with chunky salt for your salt grinder. I thought salt was salt, but there are gourmet kinds LOL There has to be 10 to 15 different types, from your standard sea salt, to Turkish salt, to pink salt. Pretty cool. I was hoping they had some interesting peppers, but they only had the standard peppercorns over in the spice section. Anyway, who knew there was gourmet salt. I surely didn't. There were even little dishes set out, I assume for taste testing, but who wants to eat salt straight? If I had a salt mill, I would have probably bought some just to try it, but I just use the standard stuff in the shaker.

No comments: