Tuesday, November 01, 2005

my first roast ever

So my new oven has been eventful. I had carefully measured it in the store to make sure it would fit in the place I have for it... well, it fit exactly... until I got home and the manual told me I needed 10cm clearance on either side and 20 cm clearance at the back! Oops! That meant I had to totally rearrange all my shelves to find a place for it.

Anyway, I finally got everything organized and my oven is set up and ready to roll. And... drumroll, please... I made a roast! This is very exciting for me because I have never made a roast in my life and it turned out awesome. I put it on the rotisserie and let it go and now have juicy, yummy meat - it wasn't even a good cut, because I didn't want to waste 4000 yen on a roast that I would ruin, and it still turned out really well.

Actually, I have never cooked much meat at all in my life because I was pretty much vegetarian in Canada. I would make fish occasionally, but not meat. I have never cooked a chicken, a roast or anything so I'm quite pleased with myself. Hopefully I'll be able to find a nice chicken to rotisserie up next!

No comments: