Sunday, April 17, 2005

Okinawan restaurant

Tonight we went out for dinner at an Okinawan restaurant in Koenji. This is big for me, because I tend not to stray too far from home on weekends.. anything more than three stops away is "far". It was actually kind of fun because we haven't been to Koenji in ages. Lots the same, but some things have changed.

The restaurant itself was very noisy and smokey, but the food was good. We had sea grapes, which were really nice. Refreshing, but they had a salty taste. There was also a pork dish that was to die for - super yummy. Then lots of goya which is a very bitter vegetable. I'm not overly fond of it, but the food we had was good. I had to limit myself a bit because the bitter taste wasn't clearing from my mouth. It is supposedly really healthy for you - and seeing as Okinawans have like the highest (longest?) longevity on the planet, there may be something to that. The only thing that wasn't good was a dish that was pork, but turned out to be pork intesting. Very, very yucky. Otherwise, the food was great though, and we go to try a new restaurant!

No comments: