Friday, April 22, 2005

Eye checkup

Hiroshi and his family are all worried about my LASIK surgery so I went to see an optometrist tonight that Keiko (my sister-in-law, who is also an optometrist) referred me to. I don't know what surgery they thought I was going to get, but the conversation with the optometrist went something like this:
optometrist: What kind of eye surgery are you getting?
me: LASIK
o: LASIK? Oh, that's perfectly safe.

So I'm not quite sure why I went there. Oh, he did tell me that I should get it done at that hospital because East Japan is the best at LASIK. Um, ok. I'll just ignore that sales pitch. I was able to ask him some questions though that Keiko had me worried about - she is all worried about glaucoma for some reason. This doctor said it wasn't anything to worry about. So all is good - assuming I'm happy with my clinic after questioning them at my initial appointment, there is only one week to go until surgery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Liz
I'll be grateful to get some adress for private lasik clinics in Tokyo.
Thanks
Sari

Liz said...

Hi Sari - I got mine done in Bangkok, so can't recommend anyone in Tokyo. Sorry! It is about 1/3 the price in Thailand.

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz
Adress for clinic in Thailand will be o.k. also.
Can you pls. ?
Can be also by mail:
sariberkovich@hotmail.com

http://sari.freeservers.com/