Sunday, February 13, 2005

A new CostCo

Hiroshi and I went to the CostCo in Yokohama that just opened up in the fall. Yokohama is south of Tokyo, as opposed to Chiba (where we noramlly go) which is to the east. I think I like the other one better. It is cheaper to get to, takes about 20 minutes less travelling time, and there is a bus between the CostCo and the wharehouse. The one in Yokohama is a 10 minute walk. Not bad when you are going, but murder when you are lugging heavy bags back.

At least we went somewhere different though. It was an interesting change. And we got to take the express train to Yokohama from Osaki. I didn't realize how fast it was - and it comes pretty often too. So that is convenient... if I ever actually need to get to Yokohama. Actually, it will be good for spring because that line goes to Odawara which has a castle and lots of cherry blossom trees aparently. So that will make a good day trip at the end of March or early April.

Now I am all stocked up on meat and other things... time to get back to eating properly and working on losing weight. First order of business when we got home was to throw out all the freezer burned meat that has been sitting in the freezer for over a year. Such a horrible waste, but it had to go. I'm going to try not to stockpile as much. No savings if it goes to waste. I also cleaned out a bunch of expired things from the fridge (since when does mustard expire?). Then I divided the meat, cleaned/skinned the chicken breasts (most disgusting job on the planet) and put everything in plastic baggies for individual serviings. Phew! Doesn't seem like a whole lot, but boy am I tired now!

No comments: