Saturday, February 05, 2005

Bridesmaid Dresses

My sister has asked me to be the maid of honour in her wedding. Ok, officially I'm a matron of honour, but that sounds old, so I'm not calling myself that. After the big missing e-mail fiasco (e-mail sent to an address that has a limit for attachments) I finally got some pics. Some of them led me to ask "What is Jen thinking?" or "Is she going with the 'make your attendants look as bad as possible so you look better' theme?". (Sorry Jen, but some of those dresses would just not go with my hips and chest!). I eventually decided on separates from Alfred Angelo.

The Alfred Angelo line has some nice stuff in it actually (as opposed to other lines which made me phsyically cringe when I viewed some of the pics on their websites). Of course I needed to give mom a decision yesterday and Alfred Angelo's website was down - which led to all kinds of fun in trying to decide which top I wanted to add to the skirt. Mainly because I could pull up websites to bridal stores; however, they did not show the full Alfred Angelo line. So the discussion with mom went kind of like this: "what about style XXX?" "I don't know - I can't see that one". I'm sure she was ready to strangle me.

Anyway, it is now apparently ordered. Navy blue was a "no go" for the colour (darn, was hoping to minimize my hips!) so I will be in lilac apparently. Also, the sizes in North America have been readjusted, or the bridal stores just want to make you feel good. I figured I would be ordering a larger size that I did.

No comments: