Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Went to see my good friend Yasu and his wife Eriko today... and of course their little one Kai. Kai is now 5 months old and as adorable as ever. I haven't seen him in over two months, and holy cats he's growing like mad! He's about 30% longer than he was last time I saw him and now weighs 7kg (that's about 15lbs to you non-metric folks). We arrived at their place around 2 and sat around playing with Kai for a while, then went for a walk to Ameyoko - which is a big shopping area near Ueno in Tokyo. It took about 30 minutes to walk there, and it was nice. We finally parted at around 8, and during that time Kai didn't cry once. Didn't even fuss! I'm amazed. He's just happy and smiley and oh so cute.

At first Hiroshi held him and didn't quite know what to do. He had that deer in headlights look. He was quite comfortable by the end of the visit though. I think we're going to have to visit them more often. ;) That biological clock is ticking you know. We're all going to head out to CostCo on the weekend, so I'll get to make stupid faces and do silly things all day. Gotta love it!

The walk tonight was really nice. The weather in Tokyo is totally whacked - one day it is 30C and the next it is 15C. What's up with that??!! I like this temperature though, so I'm a happy camper. This is great fall walking weather. I love not sweating to death.

No comments: