Sunday, September 28, 2003

I love CostCo! Went out there today with the Watanabe's. I bought a bunch of meat and also found some perfectly fist-sized potatos. Whehoo! If only I had an oven to bake them in! I'd kill to do baked potatos at home. I'm not paying to do them in a toaster oven though (electricity is too expensive). Oh well. I like grating them up and 'frying' them in my t-fal (no oil). Very yummy. I also got some raspberries for my protein pancakes and some yogurt.

Hiroshi got danishes, giant bag of Doritos, bread, instant mashed potatos, sliced ham, bean salad (free day stuff for me unless I rinse the sugar/vinegar dressing off), and nutella. That should fix his junk cravings for the next while.

We also picked up our x-mas cards. I got a gigantic box for 50 yen per card which is great. They cost about 300 yen each to buy them in a normal Japanese department store. I had to try to remain calm and stay away from all the x-mas decorations. Hiroshi got his first glimpse of what a decorating nut I am at x-mas time. I was trying to convince him we need a 7' tree. The argument about where we would put the tree won out. *sigh* Can't wait until we move to Canada (sometime in the future) so I can go nutso over the xmas decorations again.

The Watanabe's (Yasu, Eriko and Kai) found some good priced baby stuff. I played with Kai all day. We tried to teach Hiroshi to feed him, but it wasn't too successful. Hiroshi looked at odds. That's ok - that meant *I* got to feed him. He is such a total cutie. I got some good pics of him today that I'll put up in the photoblog as soon as I finish with my Look Up / Look Down series. The feeding thing was kinda funny - Hiroshi has never fed a baby before. I'm training him you see *heheh* I'm hoping men have a biological clock too. And Kai is the perfect baby because he never cries! He just smiles all day long. We actually had him 'talking' and laughing today. Cute cute cute! I want one. But gotta get my body in shape first. So, gotta plan my meals and will post them later tonight!

No comments: