Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Stupid computer!

Argh! My computer died today. I'm so ticked. I hate my harddrive (this being the harddrive that has been replaced three times). I'm not sure exactly what happened but I had a binary tree error - whatever that is. All I know is that all my data disappeared. Luckily the drive is readable through some disk recovery programs. Disk Warrior can't fix it unfortuantely - that has worked in the past when I have had performance problems or glitches.

Luckily I found another program which does seem to work. Of course it costs a hundred bucks. It appears that Data Rescue is able to find all my lost files. I just have to manually find them and restore them. What a pain in the ass. This wouldn't be such a problem except for the fact that all my Kyoto pics were on that drive... and I haven't had a chance to back them up yet. I am not happy right now. If I don't get my Kyoto pics back I'll die.

No comments: