Saturday, August 06, 2005

Need more RAM :(

I downloaded a little tool to see what is happening with my RAM because Firefox keeps giving me the spinning beachball of death (ie the spinning hourglass for Windows users) and freezing up. Well, now I know why. I have no RAM left and my computer has to contantly write to the harddrive. Hmmm. I have 512MB. Guess I need to go and get an upgrade.
This is bad because it means I have to go to the Mac store... and there are many things there that I want to buy! Apparently there is a new store opening up in Shibuya so I'll have to go and check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz,

Hope you find this. It's Ben from way out in the MidWest now.. It's not that you need more RAM, it's a FireFox bug that is swallowing up your memory. FF will slowly eat up system resources the longer it is left on. I think your problem will go away if you completely shut down FF and restart. Alternatively, you could just stop using FF. I prefer Camino - another mozilla product.

Also, don't, whatever you do!, buy apple RAM. Get Hiroshi to check out alternative RAM - he's a tech guy, he should know. Save the ¥¥¥. In the US, Crucial is pretty popular. I guess he could try kakaku.com

Sounds like you're well!

Ben