Thursday, August 18, 2005

IListen speech recognition

I'm typing this entry on my computer, using a speech recognition program. The accuracy is so so, it only has problems with punctuation. I'm hoping to use this to dictate rather than type things - because I'm lazy. Now all I have to do is go back and read the documentation, so I can figure out how to make corrections without using the keyboard. Seems pretty handy. I've only done a small part of the voice training and the accuracy is pretty good. I think my keyboard is confusing the program because it is a Japanese one. For example, the program is inserting random symbols instead of what I want because they are located in different places than on an English keyboard.

I had to go back thru and correct a lot of the punctuation. In terms of the words though, it caught about 95% of them. Considering I have only done 2 training session of about 15, that is pretty good!

No comments: