Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Whirlwind tours

One of my students just came back from a whirlwind trip to Canada. I don't understand the whole Japanese tour thing. There is so much crammed into the tour, I don't know how you could possibly see anything - you whiz by everything so quickly I don't see how it is possible. My student went on a 9 day trip - 2 days of which would be flying to and from Canada. So in 7 days, she saw: Toronto, Niagara Falls, Niagara on the Lake, Montreal, Quebec, Banff, Columbia Ice Field, Lake Victoria, and Vancouver. That schedule is just nuts!

She brought in all her pictures today to share which was nice. The pictures from Quebec reminded me of my Grade 8 trip there! I'll have to go back again one day. I remembered all of the old houses and beautiful churches. I'll probably appreciate it more now than I did then. The pics of Banff, Lake Victoria and the Rockies reminded me of when I used to live out west. I can still picture the beautiful blue of Lake Victoria (probably augmented memory - there are millions of pictures of it) and seeing a glacier. I was six at the time, so obviously it is impressive!

Anyway, my student absolutely loved Canada. Funny how I never really realized how lucky Canadians are to have such beautiful nature. Growing up with it, I never realized it was special.

No comments: