Sunday, October 24, 2004

My hot water heater / Great Japanese products

About a year and a half ago, my friend Jo moved back to Canada and she gave me her hot water heater. Until now it has sat collecting dust on a shelf because I had been to lazy to pull it out. Today I finally reorganized things and got it going. The heater basically heats up 2.2L of water to boiling temperature... so with the press of a button you have a cup of tea ready to go. No kettle to wait for. Well, I've been drinking tea all day. This thing is great. Why I didn't get it out before, I have no idea.

Anyway, I've decided that these are now part of the "things they should sell in North America". Of course, upon googling it, I found that, hey! They do sell these in Canada. I have this hot water heater. They also have one of the other great Japanese products available in Canada and the US - Washlets, which are heated toilet seats with a bidet function. The other great Japanese product, that is also now available in North America, is the Japanese rice cooker which makes totally awesome rice. Way better than the standard North American steamer. These things even have a warming function, so you can cook rice one day, and keep it until the next. How great is that?

No comments: