Sunday, September 14, 2003

I love days off. I wish all my Saturday classes would change their minds and reschedule them for sometime during the week. Only having 1 day off a week really bites. Slept in this morning. Woke up and bummed around on the net for a bit and then went to give Hiroshi a cuddle (he was still sleeping). Heard someone slide something into the door mailslot. I'm expecting a package, so went to check, and sure enough it had been the delivery guy. He didn't knock!! Duh! How'm I supposed to answer the door to take the package if you don't knock???!!! Geesh. He's supposed to come back later today. Hope so. I want to bring some shakes with me next week when I'm doing that intensive course.

After lazing around a bit more, Hiroshi and I went to go to Franklin's for lunch. It is a gourmet hamburger place. There was a huge lineup though! There must have been a feature on it in a magazine or something. So we decided to return the movie we rented last week and go to the Hawaiin burger place instead. Ugh, I'm stuffed. There is so much food. Hiroshi was in heaven though - he's been dying for burgers for a while. I doubt I'll eat anything else today.

I guess that is the extent of my day off. Still have to pack, but I think I'm going to go and have a little nap now. Or just curl up in bed with my book for a while. I love laying in bed with a good book. Speaking of books, I definitely have to make a trip to the used book store - my pile of finished books is falling over. Need to make room. And then I can get credit to get more books. I still have a ton to read, but there are a few I want to get. I'm working my way thru Sue Grafton's alphabet murder series. They are great train reading. It doesn't matter if you skip a paragraph. Also wanted to see if there were any more titles by Cathy Kelly. She writes women stories. Kinda romancy, and the characters are really good. Quite easy to identify with them. It is nice to be reading again - I hadn't been for a long time. Hopefully it will help me keep my English vocabulary up to speed. I swear I'm becoming more brain dead with the English language every day.

No comments: