Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year's cards

My New Year cards arrived today. Japan Post does a great job of making sure everyone gets them right at the beginning of the year. Imagine trying to deliver ever Christmas card you receive the day before Christmas!

One of my former students wrote me a "note" that was just odd. Well, downright weird. He says:
Long time no see! How have you been?
I'm really fine but already elderly...
The lady next neighbour always speaks loudly. She really bothers me. Should I call the police?
Don't I have to do it? I can't stand it any more.
Let's talk about daily routine. The first thing I do after I wake up is go to the toilet. How about you?
Once I've eaten lunch I sometimes take a nap. How about you?...


I have to say, this definitely takes the cake in terms of the weirdest mail I have ever received.

No comments: