Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Today is osechi ryouri day... or New Year's food day. We bought a whole bunch of stuff at the grocery store yesterday and now have a feast of special foods. You can see all the food here, but here is one shot of the main box:



If you click on individual pictures at the link above, there is an explanation of what everything is.

I basically hung out in my pyjamas all day - it was heavenly! In the evening, Hiroshi's friend Yosuke decided to come over, so I had to do a mad dash to get showered and dressed before he arrived. Then we all just sat around eating osechi and watching this super athlete show. I forget what it is called, but basically there are a bunch of strength, speed and agility competitions. In one of the competitions they jump over a gymnastic horse (I think that is what it is called) that increases in height - they get as high as 3m!

So that was my New Year's day - spent perfectly by relaxing all day!

No comments: