Friday, September 10, 2004

Plastic umbrella collection

As I was walking out of the house today to go to work, I looked at the little fold-up umbrella and though, nah, it's sunny out so I don't need it. Ha! Shouldn't have believed the weather as it has been rather schizophrenic lately having multiple personalities, if you will, throughout the day. So, yes, I got caught in the rain. Luckily, the conference center that I was at sold plastic vinyl umbrellas. For 500 yen I was able to save myself from getting drenched, and add one more darn plastic vinyl umbrella to my 'collection'.

I have about 20 of these sitting in my umbrella holder at home. It's nuts. (Yes, that's 10,000 yen, or US100 bucks, worth of umbrellas) Whenever someone comes over and it starts raining, they always have a small umbrella with them, so I can't give these things away! Really, I should set up my own business in these things, first off because I have inventory (geesh) and secondly because you can make a killing on these. They are well under 100 yen worth of material. That markup is huge. I could just park myself out in front of stations and sell the things. Lots of people would buy them. I could get rich via my plastic umbrella collection!

No comments: